For me, it's that time of year again. Summer is coming to a close and it's time to buckle down and get back on track. Over the entire summer (June - August), I lost 4 pounds, not too bad considering I just watched what I ate. I rejoined the gym again and this time, I am not quitting. I have realized this is a part of my life and even after one day of working out (this morning at 5:00am), I have realized just how much I miss it. With having a history of depression and being on Prozac for over a year and a half, this is the best thing I can do for myself.

Last night was the Biggest Loser Reunion and it helped me to realize when losing those HUGE amounts of weight so quickly and exercising for several hours per day, unless you keep that up, you will gain. The guy who won, gained back 36 pounds and I think there was only one person who did not gain some weight back.

This morning I did 60 minutes on the bike and read my book the entire time so that made the time go by faster .... I can't find my walkman to tune into the TVs. Oh well ... I told Jason I want an iPod Shuffle (I think that's the small one) for our anniversary.

My weight today was 176.
posted on Wednesday, September 5, 2007 | Link Here | 2 comments

2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had the article here with me at work, but I read that exercise and an appropriate diet can really help with depression. Obviously, there are other factors, but it helps. Good for you getting on the bike this morning!

September 5, 2007 at 7:46 AM  
Blogger tkrimms said...

I missed the biggest loser - we went out and bought furniture.

good for you for joining the gym again. if it makes you happy, then you need to do it!

September 5, 2007 at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home