"I Eat 33,000 Calories A Day"

I saw this on my TV Guide and I had to turn it on. It played on TLC tonight and is replaying a few times this week. I urge you to watch it. I can't turn it off.

The people on the show are considered morbidly obese and are close to immobile. They range between 380 - 800 pounds. One man took in 14,000 calories a day, a woman took in over 15,000. They were taking 7 - 12X of what they should have of fat for a day - in ONE DAY. They said to take off the calories she consumes in one day, she would have to walk briskly, nonstop for TWO days. She thinks she consumes about 5,000 calories a day. It is in the UK so I am unsure of kcal v cal, but you know it is still a lot.

This show makes the term addiction come to life. Food addiction exists. People don't eat 14,000 calories a day and aren't addicted. It's a drug that makes them feel good.

This was an eye opener. It also makes the phrase, "It's just food" make sense again. People, it's just food. We need to eat to live, not live to eat.....we need to make better choices.....

Let me know if you get to watch it. If you have DVR, tape it. You'll want to see it.

Labels:

posted on Wednesday, March 7, 2007 | Link Here | 1 comments

1 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know...we were watching something on TLC...and I saw this one there. I didn't record it, but I will.

March 8, 2007 at 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home