Work Out While Sick?
I took this question to the search engine clusty.com and found this...and I was just not working out because frankly...I'm sick...and I don't wanna...but the answer is interesting.
Q: Can I workout if I’m sick?
A: Yes and no. If you just don’t feel well, sometimes working out can help lift you out of whatever you are experiencing. If on the other hand you have a fever, you should wait until the fever goes away before working out in the gym. If you simply must work out when you are sick, try to lower the intensity of your workout and let your body try to heal itself. Working out while sick can sometimes lengthen or worsen your illness because your immune system has to do double duty. It has to deal with the stresses of your illness and the physical stresses of you working out. So if you give yourself a break you will hopefully be back to optimum health quicker.
gleaned from this article: http://www.globalhealthandfitness.com/qa.htm
Q: Can I workout if I’m sick?
A: Yes and no. If you just don’t feel well, sometimes working out can help lift you out of whatever you are experiencing. If on the other hand you have a fever, you should wait until the fever goes away before working out in the gym. If you simply must work out when you are sick, try to lower the intensity of your workout and let your body try to heal itself. Working out while sick can sometimes lengthen or worsen your illness because your immune system has to do double duty. It has to deal with the stresses of your illness and the physical stresses of you working out. So if you give yourself a break you will hopefully be back to optimum health quicker.
gleaned from this article: http://www.globalhealthandfitness.com/qa.htm
1 comments:
If I am not feeling well, I usually just lift weights.
Post a Comment
<< Home