Walking Works

I'm big on walking. Always have been. It's my thing. Some people love running. I love walking. Thankfully it's warmed up and I'm not sick anymore...so I can walk again. It is not the only thing I rely on. As I was searching for something else today I found the following article. You may find it interesting.

Why Walk? Walking works —in a lot of ways. It's safe, simple, and cost-free, and it doesn't take a lot of practice. It's something you can do alone or with friends any time of the year.

Depending on intensity, pace, and speed, walking one mile burns about 100 calories. And when done briskly on a regular basis, walking can:
  • Decrease your risk of a heart attack
  • Decrease your chance of developing diabetes
  • Help control your weight
  • Improve your muscle tone
  • Promote your overall sense of wellness

While any increase in walking will help promote good health, walking 30 minutes a day on five or more days a week, or 10,000 steps daily, can produce the best, long-term health benefits for most people.

found on wellmark.com

posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 | Link Here | 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home